U Visa for Crime Victims

You may be eligible for a U nonimmigrant visa if:

  • You are the victim of qualifying criminal activity;
  • You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of criminal activity;
  • You have information about the criminal activity;
  • You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.;
  • The crime occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws;
  • If you are not admissible for visa status in the United State due to a prior immigration violation or criminal record, you may be eligible to apply for a waiver.